This issue of the Russian Analytical Digest features articles about the August fighting in the Caucasus from a variety of perspectives. Specifically, the authors discuss the stages of the conflict, the role of Russia, Georgia and Chechens and international consequences of the conflict. The issue also provides several interviews on the chronicle of military events and Russian public opinion on the conflict.by Sergey Markedonov, Ivlian Haindrava, Nathalie Ouvaroff, Viacheslav Chirikba, Archil Gegeshidze.
>> Download the full text document (374 KB)
To download this issue or subscribe to the RAD newsletter please click here: http://www.res.ethz.ch/analysis/rad
- Caucasus Conflict Breaks Old Rules of the Gameby Sergey Markedonov, Moscow
- Eyes Wide Openby Ivlian Haindrava, Tbilisi
- The Role of Chechens in the Georgian-South Ossetian Conflictby Nathalie Ouvaroff, Moscow
Questions and Answers:
- Interview with Dr. Viacheslav Chirikba, Adviser on Foreign Policyto the President of Abkhazia
- Interview with Archil Gegeshidze, Senior Fellow at the Georgian Foundationfor Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS) in Tbilisi
- The Russian-Georgian Conflict. Chronicle of Military Events, August 2008
- Russian Public Opinion on the Conflict,
The Russian Analytical Digest (RAD) is a bi-weekly internet publication jointly produced by the ResearchCentre for East European Studies at the University of Bremen and the Center for Security Studies (CSS) at ETH Zurich. The Digest draws on contributions from the German-language Russlandanalysen (http://www.laender-analysen.de/russland), the CSS analytical network on Russia and Eurasia (http://www.res.ethz.ch/)and the Russian Regional Report.