- A Free Press? Not This Time., By Olga Ivanova, Friday, August 15, 2008 – Washington Post
- While Aide Advised McCain, His Firm Lobbied for Georgia – Washington Post
- Could the Georgians Have Done Better? By Patrich Armstrong – Russia Blog
- Vladimir Putin's mastery checkmates the West, by Michael Binyon – Time OnlineRussia has been biding its time, but its victory in Georgia has been brutal - and brilliant
- The west shares the blame for Georgia, By Anatol Lieven – Financial Times
- Beyond South Ossetia – the new world order, by Peter Lavelle
According to the West's democracy theology, South Ossetia and Abkhazia cannot be recognised as independent. Why is this? Is it because independence for both would derail Saakashvili's bid to join NATO? Of course it is! The West doesn't know much about Georgia, South Ossetia, or Abkhazia. Nor does it really care. And Saakashvili has shown he can't cross the divide between being a Georgian nationalist and a Western stooge.
- 'Nothing can stop our independence now' – breakaway republics – Russia Today
(WATCH the media conference) - Leaders of the Georgian breakaway republics of Abkhazia and South Ossetia say no force can now stop their drive for independence. The two held a media conference in Moscow.
- High tension around Gori – BBC (VIDEO)
- Russia tells West to 'forget' Georgian rule in enclaves , by Shaun Walker – The Independent
- Russian Relations In Doubt, Gates Says, By Karen DeYoung – Washington PostChurkin said there is "a new reality which poses new problems in terms of maintaining the territorial integrity of Georgia" and added: "We respect the wishes of the people of Abkhazia and South Ossetia."
- Medvedev Backs Independence Bids - 15 August 2008, By Nabi Abdullaev, Nikolaus von
- Russia Says Georgian Allies Share Blame for Violence in Ossetia, by Helena Bedwell and Henry Meyer
- Comment Information and Press Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia in connection with the statement U.S. President Bush on South Ossetia - MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION – (RUSSIAN)
- News & Analysis - 13-14 August
- Some Thoughts on the recent fighting by John Colarusso
- Statement of the International Circassian Assosiation English, Turkish, Russian, Arabic